Australia’s historic and esteemed institution, the University of Sydney, resides in the dynamic metropolis of Sydney. The university boasts an extensive array of undergraduate and postgraduate programs spanning diverse domains such as arts and social sciences, business, engineering, health sciences, law, medicine, science, and beyond. Renowned for its dedication to academic excellence and pioneering spirit, the University of Sydney stands out as a premier destination for world-class education and cutting-edge research facilities.
At the heart of groundbreaking research, the University of Sydney actively contributes to various fields, cultivating an environment that encourages innovation and collaboration among its students and faculty. Its global standing remains consistently high, attracting learners from around the world to partake in top-quality education and molding graduates who earn acclaim in their respective spheres. Embracing diversity, the university fosters an inclusive campus culture, celebrating the uniqueness of each individual while enriching the educational journey for all who walk through its gates.
The university’s strong connections with industry, government, and international institutions provide students with a wealth of opportunities to gain practical experience and exposure on a global scale. Through internships, study abroad programs, and research collaborations, students can broaden their horizons and develop practical skills. Moreover, the vibrant student life at the University of Sydney offers a myriad of clubs, societies, and events catering to diverse interests, ensuring a well-rounded experience beyond academics.
- Host University: University of Sydney;
- Host Country: Australia;
- Study Level: Masters and PhD Levels;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 40,000$;
- Eligible Countries: National and International Students;
- Subjects Available: All Subjects;
- Application Deadline: The Scholarship is open.
The ARIAM Research Hub PhD International Scholarships welcome students from all over the world, including National, International, Masters, and PhD students. These scholarships offer a remarkable chance for aspiring scholars to pursue their studies at the esteemed University of Sydney in Australia.
Successful applicants to the University of Sydney can enjoy a range of attractive perks, including a generous scholarship stipend allowance of $40,000 per annum. For those awarded the Master’s by Research, this stipend is granted for a duration of one year, while PhD recipients have the opportunity to receive it for an extended period of up to three years, with the possibility of a six-month extension if warranted.
Moreover, the scholarship not only covers the recipients’ academic course fees but also includes the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) for eligible international candidates. However, it’s important to note that the continuation of these benefits is subject to maintaining a satisfactory level of academic performance throughout the duration of the scholarship.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Secure an unconditional offer for full-time enrollment in either the Faculty of Engineering’s PhD program or the Master’s by Research program at the University of Sydney. For those applying to the Master’s by Research program, they should express their intention to transition to a PhD program after successfully completing the initial annual progress evaluation.
- Selection for the Scholarship will be based on various factors, including academic excellence, the chosen field of study, the research proposal, and any other indications of research aptitude.
- The Scholarship is open to both domestic and international students, allowing them equal opportunity to apply for this prestigious award.
To begin the admission process, students are required to take the initiative, and during this process, eligible applicants will undergo automatic evaluation for the scholarship. There is no need for an additional application, as the scholarship consideration occurs seamlessly and without the need for a separate submission.
As part of the application process, candidates must furnish the following supporting documents:
- Relevant scholarship-related paperwork, Results of the English language proficiency test, Academic transcripts, Marriage certificate, change of name documentation, or identification certificate (if applicable), Degree certificates.
To meet the admission prerequisites, students must satisfy the following conditions:
- Possess at least an Honours degree, either First Class or Second Class Upper, or hold an equivalent qualification in a relevant field of study;
- Secure an unconditional offer for full-time enrollment in either the University of Sydney’s Faculty of Engineering’s PhD or Master’s by Research program. For those applying to the Master’s by Research program, it is essential to express an intent to transfer to a PhD program upon successful completion of the initial annual progress evaluation;
- International students who are currently residing outside Australia must have already applied for their student visa before commencing their studies.
Depending on the specific research project and the agreement between the student’s supervisor and the industry partner, there may be a requirement for students to spend a certain period embedded within the industry partner’s offices.
To be considered, applicants must satisfy the language requirements by submitting test scores from designated English language proficiency exams, such as IELTS, with a minimum score of 6.5.
For more information, please visit the University’s official website: https://www.sydney.edu.au/scholarships/b/ariam-research-hub-phd-scholarships.html