Did you know that Finland provides a complimentary five-year work visa that you can secure?
Loved ones are also welcome to join, and with English being broadly spoken, you will face no language barriers.
The bulk of job vacancies cater to unskilled or semi-skilled workers, eliminating the necessity for IELTS or similar language assessments.
The anticipated monthly income falls between €2,000 and €4,000. This article has all the details on the 5-year work visa for Finland.
Perks of Finland’s Work Visa
- One of the most appealing features of Finland’s work visa is the efficient application procedure. Nevertheless, processing durations can fluctuate, contingent on the visa type, number of entries, duration, and application volume. Typically, a Finnish visa is granted within approximately 12 working days.
- The next perk is the attractive salary package. The starting average gross income in Finland is roughly €45,000 per annum, encompassing holiday pay and additional benefits. Higher management and operational roles, however, offer more.
- Another perk is the term of the initial residence permit offered. A residence permit will be allocated to you, permitting you to live and work in Finland for an entire year. You can then extend it for 4 more years, allowing you to stay for a total of 5 years.
- After a five-year work tenure in Finland, you can also apply for permanent residency.
- For most individuals, the benefits of the Schengen area are undeniably enticing. As Finland is a part of the 26 European countries forming the Schengen area, anyone from these countries with a visa, be it a tourist or work visa, can travel without a visa within the Schengen zone.
Is it Possible to Live in Finland as an English Speaker?
Swedish and Finnish are the two main official languages in Finland.
Given that Finland is a dynamic and well-educated nation, most of its population are proficient in English as a second language and even pursue English courses.
Approximately 70% of individuals can fluently converse in English, with many expatriates living there on work and education visas.
Can Your Family Members Accompany You?
In Finland, immigrants possessing valid work visas are permitted to travel with their partners, children, and common-law partners.
They also have the opportunity to seek employment alongside you.
You must furnish proof to the sponsor and provide financial sustenance for each family member you plan to bring along.
Consequently, you will need to provide proof of your job offer, bank statements, and information about your accommodation.
To get your visa stamped, a valid passport is a prerequisite. Additionally, you will need 2 passport-sized photos and travel insurance.
You should also not be subject to any travel restrictions to any European countries currently. Further, details of your travel itinerary, including accommodation information, are needed.
If you’re traveling on a tourist visa, a sum of around €30 is required for each day you plan to stay as a tourist.
What Job Opportunities Exist?
The majority of high-demand jobs in Finland belong to the hospitality sector. Professions like cleaning, cooking, nursing, caregiving, dishwashing, etc., are in significant demand.
Top-notch platforms for job applications include Google, LinkedIn, Indeed, Glassdoor, and Jobly.fi.
You can apply for jobs through these websites from within or outside Finland.
How to Apply
A CV and cover letter tailored for Finland is essential when applying for any role.
You can use the Enter Finland portal to apply for a residence permit that will allow you to live and work in Finland upon receiving a job proposal.
After submitting your application online, you will need to visit a nearby Finnish diplomatic mission to submit original copies of your documents, any necessary supporting documents, photos, and fingerprints.