Embark on an exciting academic journey with the Australian Government’s Research Training Program (RTP) at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) in Australia.
This prestigious scholarship program, under the sponsorship of the Australian Government, is designed for exceptional international students who are about to start their postgraduate research studies in Australia.
The RTP Scholarship, generously funded by the Australian Government, provides substantial financial support for up to 3.5 years for PhD candidates and 2 years for those pursuing a research Master’s degree. The scholarship amount exceeds $30,000 annually, offering significant financial aid to scholars.
Key Scholarship Details
- Sponsorship Body: University of New South Wales, Australia
- Location of Study: University of New South Wales, Australia
- Nature of Scholarship: Research Grant
- Academic Levels: Masters & PhD
- Scholarship Value: Over $30,000 per year
- Applicable Study Fields: Various courses available at UNSW
- Target Group: International students
Eligibility Requirements for the RTP at UNSW
Prospective candidates for the Higher Research Degree Programs at UNSW must meet the following criteria:
- Admission and Scholarship Applications: Applicants must fulfill the minimum requirements for both admission and scholarship applications.
- English Language Proficiency: All candidates, irrespective of their nationality, must demonstrate that their English language skills meet UNSW’s minimum requirements.
- Financial Capability: Applicants are required to complete the GTE & Financial Declaration Form and may need to provide proof of their ability to cover all living expenses, tuition fees, and other related costs.
- Supervision and Resources: It’s essential to determine if contacting a supervisor or undertaking an EOI is necessary. Approval from a potential supervisor or the relevant School is mandatory before submitting an application.
Recipients of the RTP Scholarship at UNSW can expect:
- An annual scholarship award exceeding $30,000 (please verify the current rate for accuracy);
- Coverage of tuition fees;
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for international students.
Interested candidates may also explore the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for International Students.
To apply, indicate your interest in being considered for a UNSW scholarship when submitting your application for program admission. This will automatically make you a candidate for all relevant scholarships. To understand more about the admission process at UNSW, visit the Submit an Application page on the UNSW website.
Application Deadline: Rolling
For more detailed information and updates, please visit the UNSW RTP Scholarship Official Page.