The University of Winnipeg is excited to announce its Entrance Awards for new international students who are beginning their academic journey at the university following their high school graduation outside Canada.
Overview of the University of Winnipeg Entrance Awards
- Sponsored by: University of Winnipeg, Canada
- Scholarship Category: Partial Funding
- Host Institution: University of Winnipeg, Canada
- Award Value: Variable
- Number of Scholarships: Multiple
- Academic Level: Undergraduate studies
- Target Group: International Students
University of Winnipeg Entrance Awards | Detailed Eligibility Requirements
To qualify for these awards, candidates must adhere to the following criteria:
- Maintain a minimum average of 85% in grade 12 high school courses used for general admission.
- Must not have enrolled in any post-secondary institution before, except for dual credit high school/post-secondary courses.
- Not eligible if admitted on letters of permission or with post-secondary transfer credits from other institutions.
- Submit a University of Winnipeg admission application within 6 months of high school graduation.
- Complete the admission process, including all fees and required documents, by the award deadline for the initial term of study.
- Cannot be a recipient of other University of Winnipeg entrance awards. In cases of multiple award offers from UWinnipeg, the highest value award will be granted.
- On being awarded an International Special Entrance Scholarship, students must register for a minimum number of credit hours:
- For Fall term starters: A minimum of 9 credit hours in both fall and winter terms of the first academic year.
- For Winter term starters: A minimum of 9 credit hours in winter and either 6 credits in a 6-8 week spring term or 9 credits in the next fall term.
- For Spring term starters: A minimum of 6 credit hours in a 6-8 week spring term or 9 credits in the next fall term.
Candidates need to complete the University of Winnipeg admission application by the specified deadline. Scholarship eligibility is automatically assessed, with no additional steps required in many cases.
Application Deadline: February 1st
For more information and to explore this opportunity further, please visit the University of Winnipeg Entrance Awards official page.
This initiative by the University of Winnipeg reflects its commitment to supporting international students in their pursuit of academic excellence. It offers a chance to be part of a vibrant and diverse academic community, contributing significantly to the global learning environment.