The Z Zurich Foundation One Young World is a collaboration between the Z Zurich Foundation and One Young World, a global forum for young leaders. This initiative aims to empower young people to drive positive change in their communities and around the world by supporting innovative projects and initiatives.
The Z Zurich Foundation, established by Zurich Insurance Group, focuses on promoting social and environmental sustainability, with a particular emphasis on improving resilience and mitigating risks in vulnerable communities. Through its partnership with One Young World, the foundation leverages the platform to identify and support young leaders who are passionate about addressing pressing global challenges.
One Young World, on the other hand, is a global organization that brings together young leaders from various backgrounds and countries to address key issues facing the world today. It provides a platform for these young leaders to connect, collaborate, and develop solutions to some of the most pressing issues, ranging from climate change and poverty to social justice and healthcare.
The Z Zurich Foundation One Young World initiative provides financial support, mentorship, and networking opportunities to young leaders who are driving impactful projects in their communities. By investing in these emerging leaders, the initiative aims to catalyze positive change and create a more sustainable and equitable world for future generations.
Overall, the Z Zurich Foundation One Young World partnership represents a commitment to empowering young people as agents of change and fostering collaboration between organizations and youth-led initiatives to address global challenges. Through this collaboration, both organizations demonstrate their dedication to creating a brighter and more sustainable future for all.
The Z Zurich Foundation One Young World Scholarship offers a unique opportunity for young leaders committed to driving positive change in their communities to attend the One Young World Summit 2024 in Montreal, Canada. This prestigious scholarship, provided by the Z Zurich Foundation, will enable 30 young leaders who are actively engaged in prevention-focused mental well-being projects, adaptation-focused climate resilience projects, or initiatives promoting social equity through education, employability, or entrepreneurship solutions to participate in the summit.
Scheduled to take place from 18th to 21st September, the One Young World Summit 2024 serves as a global forum where young leaders from around the world convene to discuss and address pressing global challenges. If you are passionate about championing any of these causes and are actively working to make a difference in your community, this scholarship presents an invaluable opportunity for you to connect with like-minded individuals, gain insights, and contribute to meaningful discussions on a global platform.
Selection Criteria For the Z Zurich Foundation One Young World Scholarship
- Aged 18 to 30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2024.
- Passion for local and global issues.
- Demonstrated commitment to creating positive change.
- Willingness to engage and collaborate with fellow scholarship recipients and Zurich employees who are also attending the Summit.
- Demonstrated impact in a field aligned with the work of the Z Zurich Foundation namely:
- Improving Mental Wellbeing
- Enabling Social Equity
- Adapting to Climate Change
Scholars will receive
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2024 in Montréal.
- Access to additional scholarship programming organised by Z Zurich Foundation. This programming is likely to include pre and post-One Young World Summit sessions, including opportunities to meet and learn with the wider Z Zurich Foundation delegation, and an impact-focused development day on the Sunday (22 September) of conference week.
- Hotel accommodation in Montréal between 17 and 23 (inclusive) September.
- Return air travel.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Ground transportation between Summit venues in Montréal.
Application Deadline: 20 March 2024.
For More Information,