Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) intends to choose a maximum of 12 highly qualified recent female graduates for the Women in STEM Traineeship. SEforALL is a global organization collaborating with government officials, private sector entities, and civil society leaders to accelerate progress towards Sustainable Development Goal 7 (SDG7). This goal aims for universal access to sustainable energy by 2030. Additionally, SEforALL aligns with the Paris Agreement’s objectives to curtail greenhouse gas emissions, striving to cap climate warming well below 2°C (and ideally aiming for 1.5°C).
The Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) Women in STEM Traineeship is a selective program designed to empower and advance recent female graduates in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) fields. SEforALL, an international organization, spearheads this initiative to bridge gender gaps and promote women’s participation in sustainable energy sectors.
This traineeship seeks to provide a platform for up to 12 qualified female graduates, offering them hands-on experience, mentorship, and exposure to various aspects of sustainable energy. Participants have the opportunity to engage with leaders across government, private industries, and civil society, gaining insights into driving progress toward Sustainable Development Goal 7 (SDG7).
Through this program, SEforALL aims to cultivate a diverse talent pool, empowering women in STEM disciplines to contribute to achieving universal access to sustainable energy by 2030, in line with SDG7. Furthermore, the traineeship aligns with the objectives of the Paris Agreement, advocating for the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions to mitigate climate change.
Participants benefit from mentorship, professional development opportunities, and a supportive network, enabling them to make meaningful contributions to the sustainable energy sector. The SEforALL Women in STEM Traineeship serves as a stepping stone for aspiring female professionals, fostering their growth, leadership, and impact in the critical fields of sustainable energy and climate action.
SEforALL in collaboration with EM-One Energy Solutions is recruiting 12 recent women graduates for a traineeship programme in Sierra Leone. The traineeship will provide hands-on technical training with a focus on solar energy under the FCDO-funded health electrification project. The primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation.
- PV Systems, Standalone and Off-Grid systems.
- Integrated Systems.
- Battery Sizing.
- Inverter and Charge Controller sizing.
- Conducting current and voltage measurements and performance characteristics.
- Solar panel installations.
- Using simulation software to design PV system dimensions.
- Assessing site economic viability using measured radiation data.
- Installing, integrating and commissioning solar systems.
- Remote monitoring and system maintenance.
Trainees will also be expected to participate in daily activities under the supervision of their focal point, scheduled site visits, workshops, and supplementary training programmes arranged by SEforALL.
Requirements For The Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) Women in STEM Traineeship
- Applicants must be 18-35 years of age.
- Only women applicants will be considered.
- Recent graduates with bachelor’s or master’s degrees (obtained within the past 2 years) in a STEM field (e.g., sciences, renewable energy, engineering, or related areas). Note that applicants who have not fully completed their degree programme will not be considered.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in energy, engineering or similar field.
- Should demonstrate completion of technical education or courses related to the topics covered in the programme as highlighted above.
- Should be highly professional and punctual.
- Should be willing and able to learn and apply new skills.
- Should have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Must be available for the entire duration of the training programme.
- Must be a national or have legal residence and right to work in Sierra Leone
- The SEforALL Traineeship is designed to provide a training opportunity complemented by on-the-job learning, as opposed to a typical SEforALL internship.
- Trainees will be provided with a fixed stipend to facilitate participation in the programme.
- Trainees will remain fully responsible for bearing all their costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and living expenses connected to their traineeship.
Please make sure that your application includes the following information and documents:
- A detailed CV (attached to your application online)
- We recommend candidates include a cover letter on why they should be considered for the opportunity (attached to your application online)
Application Deadline: January 11, 2024.
For More Information,