Opportunity for Doctoral Students from Developing Countries at Ghent University
Ghent University is now welcoming applications for its esteemed Special Research Fund PhD Scholarships.
This initiative is specifically aimed at assisting diligent and qualified doctoral students originating from developing nations, offering them a chance to pursue their studies in the prestigious academic environment of the United Kingdom.
This scholarship program is designed to facilitate exceptional doctoral candidates in conducting a portion of their research at Ghent University while completing the remaining part at a university in a developing country. The funding for this scholarship comes from the ‘Special Research Fund’ (BOF).
- Sponsorship Body: Ghent University (Special Research Fund)
- Venue for Scholarship: Ghent University
- Type of Scholarship: Fully Funded
- Scholarship Valuation: Refer to Scholarship Benefits Section
- Volume of Awards: Not Specified
- Academic Level: PhD
- Eligible Nationalities: Candidates from Developing Countries
Ghent University Special Research Fund | Detailed Eligibility Criteria
For consideration under this Special Research Fund Scholarship for doctoral studies, candidates must:
- Be international students hailing from developing countries.
- Submit applications utilizing the designated application forms, which will be evaluated by the Research Council at Ghent University.
- Understand that due to the competitive nature of this scholarship, selection will be based on academic excellence demonstrated in Bachelor’s and Master’s degree results.
- Be evaluated on the merits of their doctoral project, the significance of the research topic for development and capacity building, the scientific and scholarly caliber of the promoter’s research group(s), the collaboration between Ghent University and local institutions, and the academic quality of the local institute.
- Applicant qualifications
- Relevance of the research topic for development and capacity building
- The doctoral project proposal
- Scientific and scholarly quality of the promoter’s research group(s)
- A 24-month PhD scholarship at Ghent University
- A bench fee of € 310/month for research conducted in Ghent + a €8000 travel grant to support operational research costs.
- How to Apply: Submit your application form electronically via email to BOFapplication@ugent.be.
- The Ghent University supervisor must provide an evaluation of the candidate, emphasizing their potential as future researchers, and an assessment of the ethical and biosafety aspects of the proposed research project.
- Application Deadline: 20 February 2024
For more details and to apply, please visit the Ghent University Scholarships Page.