The MEST Africa Entrepreneurial Training Program is an immersive, fully sponsored, year-long graduate-level initiative focused on tech entrepreneurship. Throughout this comprehensive, full-time program, Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) enhance their expertise in software development, business strategies, and communication skills, concurrently working on developing viable businesses. The program’s culmination involves an investor pitch, presenting an opportunity for EITs to secure seed funding and potentially enter MEST’s portfolio for further company incubation.
This training program is distinguished by its rigorous approach to entrepreneurial education, incorporating hands-on project work and intentional mentoring. The curriculum is strategically designed to ensure that EITs acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to build world-class tech businesses. The program’s holistic nature aims to provide a robust foundation for aspiring entrepreneurs, fostering innovation and preparing them for the challenges of the tech industry.
The MEST Africa Training Program is a transformative initiative offering aspiring entrepreneurs a unique and immersive experience in the world of technology and business. This fully sponsored, year-long program is designed to equip Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) with the skills and knowledge necessary to excel in the dynamic field of tech entrepreneurship. Founded on the principle of fostering innovation, the program provides a comprehensive curriculum that spans software development, business strategies, and effective communication.
Throughout the training program, EITs engage in extensive hands-on project work, allowing them to apply theoretical knowledge to real-world scenarios. The intentional mentoring component ensures that participants receive personalized guidance and support from experienced industry professionals. This mentorship is a crucial aspect of the program, offering insights and advice that go beyond traditional classroom learning.
A key highlight of the MEST training is its culmination in an investor pitch event. This platform provides EITs with the opportunity to showcase their developed business ideas, with the potential to secure seed funding. Furthermore, outstanding projects may enter MEST’s portfolio for additional company incubation, offering a tangible pathway for turning innovative concepts into fully-fledged businesses.
The MEST Africa Entrepreneurial Training Program is renowned for its commitment to excellence and its track record in producing successful tech entrepreneurs across the African continent. By fostering a culture of innovation, providing practical skills, and facilitating networking opportunities, MEST empowers its participants to make meaningful contributions to the rapidly evolving landscape of African technology and entrepreneurship.
- The entrepreneurial training program in business, communications and software development includes extensive hands-on project work, culminating in a final pitch and the chance to receive seed investment and grow businesses.
- MEST offer entrepreneurs-in-training (EITs) the opportunity to expand their network and receive feedback and mentorship from real-life Entrepreneurs, CEO and other executives from all over the world.
- MEST also offer our entrepreneurs-in-training (EITs) the opportunity to expand their network and receive feedback and mentorship from real-life Entrepreneurs, CEOs and other executives from all over the world.
- MEST quarterly Guest Lecturers have been executives of Uber, Facebook, Safaricom, Samsung, Interswitch, MTN, and many more.
Requirements For The MEST Africa Entrepreneurial Training Program
- Passion: A deep passion for starting a software company in Africa
- Experience: Entrepreneurial or corporate work experience
- Education: A degree from a top university or Technical College (or equivalent experience)
- Soft Skills: Confident with great leadership qualities, ability to work well with others, and communicate effectively
- Commitment to the program: Successful applicants should be ready to commit to a full residential program for a whole year
- Applications open – 11th January 2024
- Applications close – 18th March 2024
- Final Interviews – April – May 2024 in Accra, Lagos, Dakar, Nairobi and Johannesburg
Training Program begins in August 2024 in Accra, Ghana
Method of Application
- Visit the application portal and create an account
- Complete the required assessment
- Take an aptitude test
- Fill and submit the MEST Training Program application form
Application Deadline: March 18, 2024.
For More Information,