University College Dublin (UCD) in Ireland is globally recognized as one of the premier universities, holding a prominent position among the world’s top academic institutions. Notably, it is the preferred choice for international students in Ireland, attracting a diverse and dynamic community from around the world. Annually, UCD extends the opportunity of the Global Excellence Scholarship to international students, specifically those enrolled in courses commencing in September.
The Global Excellence Scholarship is designed to provide financial support to international students who are liable for non-European Union (EU) fees. To be eligible for this scholarship, students must have received an offer (or conditional offer) to pursue a course at UCD. It is important to note that the scholarship is applicable exclusively to full-time Master’s programs, with exceptions excluding clinical programs, Master’s programs in the Smurfit School of Business, joint Master’s programs, online programs, and the MSc in Digital Investigation & Forensic Computing. This targeted approach ensures that the scholarship benefits students undertaking a diverse range of Master’s programs while excluding specific categories outlined by UCD.
University College Dublin (UCD), is one of Ireland’s leading universities, renowned for its commitment to academic excellence, research, and innovation. Situated in the vibrant capital city of Dublin, UCD is the largest university in Ireland and plays a pivotal role in the country’s higher education landscape. The university’s expansive campus provides a dynamic and modern learning environment for its diverse student body.
UCD offers a broad range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across disciplines such as arts and humanities, business, science, engineering, health sciences, and social sciences. The university is known for its emphasis on research-led teaching, fostering an environment where students engage with cutting-edge knowledge and contribute to innovative projects. UCD consistently ranks among the top universities globally, reflecting its dedication to academic excellence and its influential role in shaping Ireland’s intellectual landscape.
Research is a cornerstone of UCD’s identity, and the university actively contributes to advancements in various fields. UCD boasts numerous research centers and institutes, collaborating with international partners and industry to address complex global challenges. The university’s commitment to innovation is evident in its supportive infrastructure, encouraging entrepreneurship and the development of groundbreaking solutions.
The UCD campus offers a vibrant and inclusive community, with students from diverse backgrounds coming together to engage in academic pursuits and extracurricular activities. The university provides a host of student services, cultural events, and recreational facilities, contributing to a well-rounded student experience. UCD’s global outlook is further enhanced by its strong international connections, facilitating student exchanges, collaborative research, and a truly cosmopolitan atmosphere.
University College Dublin stands as a premier institution in Ireland, distinguished by its academic rigor, commitment to research, and a dynamic campus life. The university’s global impact is evident in its influential alumni network and its continuous efforts to shape the future through education, innovation, and research.
- 100%Global Excellence Tuition Fee Scholarship
- 50% Global Excellence Tuition Fee Scholarship
Requirements For The Global Excellence Scholarships at University College Dublin (UCD)
Applicants must be African, current residents of an African country, and classified as non-EU for tuition fee and application purposes;
- Open toall successful applicants to eligible full time, taught programmes who are citizens of and resident in Africa.
- Eligible programmes are limited to those that are undergraduate and graduate taught programmes, where the student must be based in Dublin and no part of the programme is awarded by another institution. All Clinical Programmes are ineligible for the Global
Excellence Scholarship. A full list of eligible programmes is provided in Eligible Programmes.
- Applicants must be self-funding and classified as non-EU for tuition fee and application purposes;
- This is a highly competitive scholarship, and as such successful applicants are likely to have obtained a first class honours degree (For Masters).
- Scholarships are renewable annually subject to the student maintaining an annual grade point average of no less than 3.08/4.2 (upper second class)
- In order to be eligible to apply for this advertised scholarship, applicants must have ‘Offer’, ‘Conditional Offer’, ‘Accept’ or ‘Conditional Accept’ status associated with their application;
Successful candidates will be selected on merit paired with a holistic review of their scholarship application
Method of Application
Application Deadline: March 31, 2024.
For More Information,