The School of History, Classics, and Archaeology through the University of Edinburgh Undergraduate Scholarship is providing a maximum of 5 undergraduate scholarships for international students commencing their studies in September 2024.
The University of Edinburgh, established in 1582, stands as one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in the world. Located in the capital city of Scotland, Edinburgh, the university is renowned for its commitment to academic excellence, innovative research, and a rich history of intellectual contributions. The university’s historic and picturesque campus provides a vibrant and inspiring setting for students from around the globe.
The University of Edinburgh offers a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across various disciplines, including arts, sciences, engineering, medicine, and social sciences. The university consistently ranks among the top institutions globally, reflecting its dedication to maintaining high standards of teaching and research. Its faculty comprises accomplished scholars and experts who actively contribute to advancing knowledge and addressing contemporary challenges.
Research is a cornerstone of the University of Edinburgh’s identity, with the institution playing a pivotal role in numerous groundbreaking discoveries and developments. The university is associated with several Nobel laureates, contributing significantly to the world’s scientific, literary, and cultural advancements. Its commitment to innovation is reflected in the state-of-the-art facilities and collaborative research centers that foster interdisciplinary studies.
The university’s vibrant and inclusive campus life is characterized by a wealth of extracurricular activities, cultural events, and a supportive community. Students at the University of Edinburgh benefit from a global perspective, as the institution attracts a diverse student body, fostering a dynamic and multicultural environment. Additionally, the city of Edinburgh itself, with its historic landmarks, festivals, and cultural richness, serves as an enriching backdrop to the academic journey of students.
The University of Edinburgh stands as a prestigious institution with a legacy of academic excellence, a commitment to research, and a diverse and inclusive community that provides students with a holistic and enriching educational experience.
The University of Edinburgh is offering up to 5 scholarships, for the sum of £1,000 each. These awards will be tenable for the 2024/25 academic year and will be :
- Automatically deducted from your tuition fee with any remaining funds being awarded towards living costs.
Requirements For The University of Edinburgh Undergraduate Scholarship
- Applicants must be nationals of a country outside the UK and be liable for the overseas rate of tuition fee. Applicants should have applied through the University and Colleges Admission Service (UCAS) to commence an undergraduate programme of study within the School of History, Classics and Archaeology for the 2024-2025 academic year.
- The scholarship is not available to students already on programme.
- The scholarships are competitive and awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of July 2024.
Method of Application
- In order to gain access to the scholarship application system, applicants must have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh. Please note that, following the submission of an application for admission, it can take up to five working days for all system checks to be completed and for access to be granted.
- The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
- When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance If you have not applied for admission, please go ahead and do this and you will receive your University User Name and password.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2024.
For More Information,