The University of Gävle scholarship extends opportunities to exceptionally performing international students who are obligated to cover tuition fees. This scholarship encompasses a substantial 75% reduction in the tuition fee, presenting a significant financial benefit to eligible candidates. Specifically designed for individuals aspiring to make a difference in fields such as International Social Work, Development Studies, Eco-social Work, and Green Social Work, this scholarship seeks to support those committed to contributing to the progress of their home countries and regions.
The University of Gävle, located in Gävle, Sweden, stands as a prominent institution committed to academic excellence, research innovation, and fostering a dynamic learning environment. Established in 1977, the university has evolved into a hub for education and research, known for its forward-thinking approach and dedication to societal development.
The university offers a diverse range of programs across various disciplines, catering to both domestic and international students. With a focus on providing high-quality education, the University of Gävle emphasizes the integration of theoretical knowledge with practical skills, preparing students for successful careers in their respective fields.
One notable aspect of the university is its commitment to sustainability and environmental consciousness. It actively engages in research and initiatives related to eco-social work, green social work, and other areas contributing to a more sustainable future. This commitment aligns with Sweden’s broader emphasis on sustainability and responsible practices.
The campus itself provides a vibrant and inclusive atmosphere for students, fostering a sense of community and collaboration. The university’s modern facilities, libraries, and research centers support academic endeavors and encourage a holistic learning experience.
In addition to academic pursuits, the University of Gävle places importance on internationalization. It welcomes a diverse student body and actively engages in international collaborations and partnerships. This global perspective enriches the learning environment and prepares students for an interconnected world.
Generously initiated and funded by the Iyabo Theresa Ogionwo Memorial Foundation, the scholarship covers the complete tuition fee for the Bachelor of Science in Social Work – Specialization International Social Work, with the program set to commence in August 2024. It’s essential to note that while the scholarship addresses tuition costs, it does not encompass living expenses during the course of study.
The application period for the Autumn semester of 2024 has concluded, and notifications have been sent to both shortlisted candidates for interviews and those whose applications were not successful. Information regarding potential opportunities for the August 2024 intake will be made available on this platform at the earliest convenience.
The scholarship covers the entire tuition fee, but not living expenses, for studies at Bachelor of Science in Social Work – Specialization International Social Work commencing August 2024.
Requirements For The University of Gävle Scholarship for African Students.
- Be a citizen of a country in Africa.
- Show interest in the field of International Social Work, Development Studies, Eco-social Work and Green Social Work.
- Rank the programme, Bachelor of Science in Social Work – Specialization International Social Work, as first priority at universityadmissions.se
- Apply to the programme before the universityadmissions.se deadline 16 January, 2024.
- Pay the application fee and send supporting documents to universityadmissions.se in time.
- Admission to the study programme
- Grades from upper secondary education
- Motivation Letter (Please find guidelines in the application below)
- Interview by representatives from the university and the Iyabo Theresa Ogionwo Memorial Foundation
- Scholarship application period: 19 January-19 February, 2024
- Admissions results published by University Admissions: 5 April, 2024
- Interviews with a selection of candidates: Second half of April, 2024
- No extra documents need to be sent. We will use the documentation you submit with your programme application on universityadmissions.se.
- Your application ID from universityadmissions.se must be noted on the scholarship application form. It consists of 8 digits.
Method of Application
Application Deadline: February 1, 2024.
For More Information,